Sunday, March 7, 2010

Nick McRae (The Ohio State University, 2013)

Decision Time, at least for this exiled poet, is over. Last night, I very happily accepted a poetry spot at The Ohio State University. I cannot even express how satisfied I am in my decision, and how ridiculously glad I am that this thing is finally, FINALLY over. I hadn't expected to make the decision so early, but I did a lot of hard thinking this weekend, and I discovered that I already knew what I wanted. I can't say how grateful I am to have this opportunity. I look forward to joining the good Mr. Adkisson and the other fine people of Ohio State in Columbus this Fall. Thank you all for your support. It is truly appreciated.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Nick! You're going to do so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nick! I think I already congratulated you on another forum, but I just wanted to reiterate. It must be a huge relief to have made your decision already. I look forward to reading your work in some lit mags and hopefully meeting you in person someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well clearly you made the only LOGICAL choice! LOL! I am glad to have you in my midst (in the future...my future midst!) and look forward to all the workshopping, drinking, spontaneous dance partying and everything else that comes along with being an MFA student in our program! We is awesome! CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that we both made the decision the same weekend -- how anyone accepted to OSU could say no is beyond me. I'm so thrilled to have said yes, too, and can't wait to meet you in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to read it Nick! As I've got MFA Chronicles in my Reader, I hope to hear all about your work in the coming years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. woo hoo! congrats on the decision!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Nick McRae! OSU is a fantastic program and you are a killer poet. I'm looking forward to following your progress on The Chonics!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails