Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Shocking my students...



I had a strange day teaching today. I finished, ran to my office hours and immediately confided in my desk neighbor. I just couldn't believe what had happened. How could I not have expected this? Basically, anatomy was brought into the classroom when I wasn't quite ready for it. I think I handled myself as well as I could have, but this just reminds me of how much I underestimate students and their knowledge--assuming that they know too much.

Anyway, if you want to read about it (or laugh at my embarrassment!), here's the linky:

Shocking my students

Hope you are all having a fantastic week! I'm treating myself to a movie this Friday--Halloween II! What are you wonderful people doing to reward yourselves for a job well done?

2 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to go exploring Charlottesville this weekend and I'm pretty excited about that. Maybe hit a few museums, might venture and do some sort of outdoorsy type thing. I am terrified of even the previews of Halloween II. I'm such a punk. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't thought about doing anything to celebrate the first week... Hmm. Maybe get a group of people together and go hiking? That sounds like fun. And wine. And a trip to Target and Wegman's. That's all that comes to mind right now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails