Wednesday, September 30, 2009

(Blank)

By Casey Tolfree

I did it. I led a 90-minute in class discussion. I mean the professor would break in and add to our discussion but my questions were valid. I read the novel the way I was supposed (with a few discrepancies). It's a great feeling because my limited English Lit background was always a source of tension for me. I feared I would be behind my classmates but I feel like I'm fitting in.

At the moment though I have writer's block. I have to write a hero's journey 10-minute play and I can't think of anything worth while. I can't really think of anything at all. My mind is a blank. My tragedy came so easily. With this I am stuck and I only have until Tuesday.

Sigh.

If you want to check out Act 1 of my tragedy (VERONICA) it's on my page.

3 comments:

  1. congrats! i have some lit background but i'm still nervous about the thought of teaching lit, which may be why i've never gone back for the PhD :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, Casey! I also have a very skimpy lit background and would be intimidated about leading a full discussion like that. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 90 minutes is no joke. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails